DUS - Drug Utilization Studies
The aim of drug utilization studies (DUS) is to identify health problems related to the use of medicines in order to promote optimal use in clinical practice. The DUS methodology is diverse and multidisciplinary. There are different DUS types , drug classifications, quantitative and qualitative measurement .
FICF has experience in performing in DUS areas: hospital, EuroDURG , Durg-LA , basically at the Vall d'Hebron University Hospital , and primary care. FICF collaborates with other groups of professionals interested in this subject.
The content of our service and collaboration is participation in DUS realization (design and development of protocols, coordination, data collection, statistical analysis, interpretation and discussion of results and intervention programs aimed at improving therapeutic).
Associations, groups and companies related to DUS:
- DURG-Spain (Spanish group drug utilization studies)
- EURO DURG (European Group on drug utilization studies)
- DURG-LA (Latin American group of drug utilization studies)
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics and Methodology (WHO Collaborating Center that defines DDD, ATC / DDD classification)
- IMS HEALTH (Private research company and business analysis of sales in the pharmaceutical market)
Institutions, associations and groups involved in promoting the use of essential medicines and rational use of medicines.
- WHO Essential Drug Medicines and Policy
- INRUD International Network for Rational Use of Drugs
- Therapeutics Initiative International Network
- Delhi Society for promoting rational use of drugs
- Healthy Skepticism
- No free-lunch
Responsible for this work area: Mònica Sabaté