Who we are
Who we are
FICF is a private nonprofit Foundation that since its creation in 1998, collaborating with the Department of Clinical Pharmacology of the Hospital Vall d'Hebron in order to carry out its founding objectives. FICF is also associated with the Department of Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Toxicology at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and is a WHO Collaborating Center for Research and Training in Pharmacoepidemiology.
Much of the activity at FICF is to support the Catalan Institute of Health and the Department of Health of the Catalan Government to achieve safer and prudent use of medicines. However, it provides services to regulatory authorities, and national and international scientific societies.
To promote the healthy use of drugs and the effective and efficient use of therapeutics serving the general interest. To this end, our objectives are:
- Research on pharmacology, toxicology and therapeutic in its clinical aspects, epidemiology and public health.
- Promote an efficient and safe use of medicines in collaboration with health institutions.
- Implementation in pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology projects.
- Prepare, edit and publish scientific articles on drugs and therapeutics.
- Teach and train in pharmacology and therapeutics.
- International cooperation.
- Give advice and other services in this area (Ethical Committee for Clinical Research, methodological and statistical support, therapeutic consultations, etc.).
In order to meet these objectives, we work with professionals at the Clinical Pharmacology Service of Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron, and collaborates with the Department of Health (Catalan Government), the Catalan Institute of Health, health professionals, regulatory authorities, scientific societies, institutions and other international organizations in the following areas:
Board of Trustees
Josep Maria Argimon, Managing Director of the Catalan Institute of Health.
Neus Rams, General Director of Professional and Health Regulation Department of Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
Montserrat Pérez, FICF Manager.
Joan Xavier Comella, Director of the Institute for Research in Vall d'Hebron.
Albert Figueras, FICF General Director.
Eduard Diogène, Head of Service of Clinical Pharmacology HU Vall d'Hebron.
Joan-Ramon Laporte, Professor of Pharmacology and Therapeutics (UAB)
Vicenç Martínez, Managing Director HU Vall d'Hebron.
Valerio Reggi, Former member of the Department of Essential Drugs WHO, Geneva.
Gianni Tognoni, Instituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano.
Manuel Armengol Carrasco, representative of Chancellor, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Bernard Bégaud, Professor of Pharmacology and former Rector of the Université Bordeaux-Segalen, Bordeaux.
Pg. Vall d'Hebron, 119 - 129
08035 – Barcelona
Tel: (34) 93 489 41 05
Fax: (34) 93 489 41 09